The Quad Chamfer Modifier produces all quad chamfers, unlike the normal 3ds Max chamfer which produces a lot of triangles and ngons.
It is the successor of the Quad Chamfer maxscript, improving on by:
• Speed. Being a native c++ plugin now it allows you to modify chamfers in real time.
• Control. You can determine the look of your chamfers by controlling their sharpness/roundness.
• Robustness. A robust new algorithm allows you to chamfer any edge combinations without unpredictable results.
• Flexibility. You don’t have to commit to any chamfer, you can always change them later.
• Workflow. Besides using edge selection you can chamfer by smoothing group boundaries or edge weights. This way • • you can edit the underlying topology without losing or destroying your chamfers. Also chamfering by edge weights • allows to have variable widths on your chamfers.
Here are some of the benefits you get:
• You get better results if you use Quad Chamfer in conjunction with turbosmooth
• No more unwanted pinching
• Great topology
• You can control the sharpness/roundness of your chamfers
• You don’t have to commit to any chamfer, you can change them anytime
• And many more other benefits over the normal chamfer and quad chamfer maxscript
Thanks to AleCer for bougth 😉